Richard A. Bernich
Dedicated marketing professional with 20 years’ experience in various industries looking to bring my experience to exceed projected revenue growth in marketing management or director capacity. Highly motivated with a track record of creating and implementing robust marketing strategies and campaigns across various marketing channels managing both internal and external teams. Vibrant and proactive individual proficient in being able to meet and many times exceed key stakeholder vision for business growth.
Hansen & Rosasco, LLP, Hauppauge • New York • November 2021 – Present
Director of Marketing & Communications – (Contract Position)
I was tasked with increasing the overall visibility of the firm in the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund space. Worked with firm partners and vendors to ensure efficiency, messaging, and branding to differentiate the firm from its competitors.
- Implementation of Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Created a public relations program that focused the firm as the “educational firm” to reduce the issue of brand confusion within the 9/11 VCF space.
- Increased VCF-qualified lead generation over a variety of channels by 24%.
- Created and executed a “go to market” short-term and long-term marketing strategy.
- Created a marketing plan for 2022 and expansion into 2023 with budgets of 4.5 million in 2022 and 5.2 million in 2023.
NY Physical Therapy & Wellness, Levittown • New York • JUNE 2020 – November 2021
Digital Marketing Director
In this role my main responsibilities are to increase patient engagement on social media, create multiple automated patient journeys based on their specific conditions. I work closely with the owners on creating specific programs for acquiring and opening new practices. Identified and created strategic partnerships with various businesses and organizations including but not limited to doctors, sports clubs, assisted living and retirement facilities.
- The creation of 3 separate marketing plans based on the COVID pandemic.
- Increased patient engagement resulting in past patient visits up 43%
- Established a corporate sponsorship with ADIDAS.
- Engaged with multiple chambers of commerce across the company’s footprint.
- Created online information sessions vis zoom & Facebook live events.
- Increased social media patient acquisition from on average 2 patients a month to 75+ in 10 months.
- Worked with ownership on additional practice acquisition.
- Automated patient communications from initial assessment to post treatment communications.
- Filmed and edited various videos covering a variety of topics.
Esquire Bank, Jericho • New York • JUNE 2019 – June 2020
Digital Marketing Project Manager – (Contract Position)
Oversee a robust digital and traditional marketing plan from the ground up for 2020 – 2021, 4 million budget for 2020, 6 million budget for 2021. I worked closely with Executive Management and key stakeholders to understand the banks’ overall business plan and create a marketing strategy based on these business goals. I was tasked with allocating and aligning Esquire Bank with various legal associations and sponsorships to increase the overall brand and product verticals of the bank. Further, I was the project manager for a 1-million-dollar corporate rebranding of Esquire Bank.
- Increased overall visibility of Esquire Bank and its various product verticals.
- Implemented Salesforce Marketing Cloud as the cornerstone of Esquire’s marketing strategy
- Creating and execution of a “go to market” short term and long term marketing strategy
- Created a dynamic marketing campaign structure based on past customer data and buyer persona
- Worked with the sales manager and data teams to create an enriched database using a variety of sources including Dun and Bradstreet.
- Created policies and procedures for reporting and archiving marketing materials for compliance review both now and in the future.
Boyar Value Group • New York, NY • April 2018 to June 2019
Director of Marketing
Oversaw and created marketing funnels for Boyar’s two core business models (Asset Management and Financial Research) utilizing HubSpot CRM. Increased lead generation by 85% in 3 months by targeting individuals who, based history, were ideal clients. Collaborated with business development personnel and built referral relationships with a variety of professionals, including but not limited to accountants, lawyers, physicians, and social media influencers.
- Created marketing programs for Boyar Value Fund – MUTF: BOYAX increasing investor contributions
- Implemented HubSpot, as both the sales and marketing CRM’s
- Increased Boyar Research subscriptions by 12% in an 8 month period
- Work to create a cost tiered research system to entice former subscribers to the Boyar Research which converted 8% of former subscribers.
- Created policies and procedures for all marketing materials for future SEC audits
- Increased marketing of other Boyar products including mutual funds, asset management, and equity products.
- Promotion and production of the company president’s podcast over a variety of networks including Apple iTunes, Sound Cloud, Stitcher, Amazon Music, etc.
NYU Winthrop Hospital • Mineola, NY • November 2015 to Present
Marketing Director – Winthrop Medical Affiliates
My key responsibility was as a marketing director for 96+ outside offices that are part of Winthrop Medical Affiliates. I was tasked with creating and executing marketing plans for these offices including local and regional campaigns with clear goals of increased patient volume and cross-promotion of services. I worked with Business Development personnel to identify and analyze potential practice acquisitions and played a key role in strategic marketing negotiations with third-party vendors.
- Successfully managed a $1.45M annual budget (2017)
- Directly responsible for an 11% patient increase for Winthrop Medical Affiliates spanning a 12-month timeframe
- Utilized relationship management skills to create and maintain a network of referring physicians on Long Island and the five boroughs.
- I was part of an internal communication team to roll out EPIC, hospital CRM, system-wide.
- Maintained an archive for any and all marketing collateral to ensure accuracy in future HIPPA reviews.
- Collaborated directly with local media professionals to establish medical staff as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to regarding any medical news and human-interest stories.
- Oversaw reputation management for over 700 physicians, NPs and PAs across digital channels
Long Island Veterinary Specialists • Plainview, NY • February 2014 to November 2015
Director of Marketing
Created brand positioning and awareness through innovative use of SEO, social media, and new media promotions, as well as traditional media outreach. Oversaw competitive intelligence by analyzing activity and evolving industry trends. Established and maintained productive relationships with various Rescue Groups to assist in fundraising efforts and to provide medical treatment for abused and rescued animals. Utilized HubSpot to segment patients based on various key factors, animal type, animal size, species, etc. and created campaigns to target these segments. Responsible for filming medical procedures and surgeries for staff and seminar presentations. Worked directly with multiple government agencies including TSA, NYPD, FDNY, FBI, DEA, DHS, NCPD, SCPD, and PAPD and various military elements to provide care and treatment for their various K9 units.
- Increased first-year revenue (2014) by 23% ($8.5M)
- Played a key role in positioning the hospital as the gold standard regarding veterinary emergency care and specialty medicine.
- Created an inbound marketing program using HubSpot, built and maintained new www.LIVS.org website, and produced numerous commercials (viewable at https://www.youtu.be/VLQkUtxGpPI)
- Successfully identified growth-focused Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across multiple departments
- Worked closely with US Army and US Navy to develop and deliver lectures and “wet” labs for Special Forces members to provide instruction on the battlefield first aid for K9 team members.
US Mortgage Corporation • Melville, NY • October 2010 to February 2014
Director of Marketing
Successfully developed and executed the company’s rebranding from its former identity, Mortgage Concepts, through the creation of various key elements including, branding statement, mission statement, vision statement, etc. Demonstrated new business management skills by cultivating strong external local partnerships, and collaborating with planning and zoning boards during new branch launch operations. Researched and analyzed trends and competitive intelligence and positioned company officers as industry experts. Coordinated large- and small-scale events and webinars for real estate professionals and other influencers to increase lead generation initiatives.
- Rebranded US Mortgage Corporation from Mortgage Concepts
- Contributed to a 400% increase in revenue by collaborating with business development and sales staff to create innovative and effective marketing strategies to drive recruitment of new loan officers and branches
- Created an archive system for any and all marketing materials for current and future audits by both state banking departments and CFPB.
- Designed and developed multiples realtor co-op programs to capture lead conversion, resulting in a 200% increase using HubSpot CRM.
- Worked with an external Public Relations firm to identify opportunities to increase the overall visibility of US Mortgage Corporation.
- Received Best of Long Island company award in 2014 for leading development of an online campaign.
Prudential Douglas Elliman • New York, NY • August 2007 to October 2010
Director of Marketing
I worked for Faith Consolo in the Retail Leasing division of PDE. I worked with Faith on the promotion of the various properties for sale/lease around the globe. I was tasked with creating client-facing communication regarding the various properties in the portfolio. I worked with Faith to identify and pitch which brand would pair with each location. I maintained and updated www.faithconsolo.com
- Successfully managed a budget of $450K per quarter.
- Collaborated with image consultants to increase awareness of the “Faith” brand, and spearheaded mass marketing initiatives following television appearances, coordinating with media to ensure the proper brand representation.
- Maintained website https://https://www.faith-consolo.com
Advanced Dermatology, P.C.
- Created a marketing plan for 2019 – 2020
- Participated in hiring a junior marketing manager
- Increased public relations within the local communities
- Created an e-Commerce strategy for RevealMD cosmetics line
- Rebranded Park Ave. Plastic Surgery (NYC)
Nicolock Paving Stone
- Created a marketing plan for 2019
- Work with the design staff to redesign their annual product catalog
- Created a client sales strategy by using Hubspot
- Wrote and co-directed 2019 TV ad – https://youtu.be/_sDDjElHRD0
SHINE Dental Group
- Work with company stakeholders to create an online digital strategy
- Created a marketing plan for 2017 & 2018
- Increased company revenue by 13% 2017 – 15% 2018
Generation Next Fertility
- Work with the inside marketing team to create “EGGtober” event – https://www.generationnextfertility.com/eggtober/
AFA Protective Systems
- Worked with sales and IT managers to implement HubSpot
- Created a content marketing strategy to increase visibility for the AFA product line
- Created a go-to-market marketing strategy
New York Institute of Technology – 1996
B.F.A – Graphic Design
Nassau Community College – 1994
A.S. – Commercial Art
Boyar Value Group
Long Island Veterinary Specialists
US Mortgage Corporation
Nicolock Paving Stones– (Freelance)
2018 Nicolock Catalog